Energy efficiency program - Energy audit and implementation
Study and implementation - Business
The Feasibility Studies Grant aims to help compagnies do feasibility studies with a consulting engineering firm in order to evaluate different scenarios to reduce energy consumption. While the Implementation of Energy Efficiency Measures Grant helps to implement energy efficiency measures identify by feasibility studies.
Who is the grant intended for?
- You use natural gas as the principal source of energy for heating the building covered by the project.
- You are an Énergir customer or about to become one.
- You operate in one of the following activity sectors: commercial, institutional, industrial.
- Your energy savings will be determined with the help of an engineer member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec working for a registered firm*.
- Send the request to participate to Énergir must be submitted before the study is carried out.
Grant - Faisibility study
Get up to 50% of the cost of the study
Énergir financial assistance amounts to 50% of the cost of the study before taxes for a maximum amount of $25,000.1
Grant - Implementation of energy efficiency mesures
Get up to $1/m3 of natural gas saved
Énergir's financial aid is $0.30 to $1 per cubic meter of natural gas saved for the first year following the implementation of an energy efficiency measure. The maximum amount of financial aid is $100,000 per account number serviced by natural gas.1
How to get the grant?
1. Consult the Participant's guide to obtain all details.
- 2018-2020 Guide (for applications submitted between February 1, 2018 and November 4, 2020)
- 2017 Guide (for applications submitted before February 1, 2018)
2. Select your consulting engineering firm from the directory of registered firms*
3. The consulting firm you have choosen can send us all the documents necessary to study the request.
*What is a registered firm ?
Registered firms are firms with one or more engineers specializing in energy efficiency that can support Énergir customers in identifying and implementing energy efficiency projects. Having already carried out energy efficiency projects for Énergir customers, and with access to information about the energy efficiency grants offered, these firms are well placed to guide customers and facilitate their participation in Énergir’s energy efficiency grant programs.
Énergir has made a directory of registered firms available to its customers. This directory is meant to be a tool to help customers identify and find contact details of firms that offer energy efficiency services. None of these firms is a subsidiary or partner of Énergir, and making this directory available in no way certifies, attests to, or guarantees the quality of the services offered by these firms.
Consult the list of registered firms
To register your firm, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
Implementation of energy efficiency measures grant
Macdonald Campus - McGill University
For more than a century, a major part of McGill University’s Macdonald Campus has been heated with steam produced on-site and distributed by energy-consuming installations. The time had come for an update, one based on efficiency and energy diversification.
Read the full case study
Looking for a grant?
An Énergir expert will guide you through the simple process and help find the grants for which you are eligible
- Conditions apply. Measures should be recommended either by a techno-economic feasibility study, or by a relative or any other relevant document signed by a member in good standing of the l'Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec working for a registered firm. Measures whose return on investment period is less than one year are not eligible.
Measures already covered by our energy efficiency programs should be separate from other energy saving measures, because they are not eligible. Program subject to change without notice. For all the eligibility criteria of the program, see the Participant's Guide.