Steps to benefit from dual energy
Switching to dual energy with electricity and natural gas could save you a lot of money while keeping you warm. Let us show you how.
You want to switch to dual energy
and benefit from a grant?
An Énergir expert will guide you through the simple process and help find the grants for which you are eligible.
- Any request for work completed prior to June 21 st , 2022, is not eligible for the Offer. Eligible Participants must have submitted an application in accordance with the requirements of the Offer no later than 12 months following the completion of work on the Eligible Projects.
- Certain conditions apply. Discounts may vary depending on the equipment installed and building characteristics. Additional costs may be incurred in connection with the electrical work required. To take advantage of the Offer, you must sign a contract with your Énergir sales representative or Certified Natural Gas Partner prior to installation. Grant amounts paid out cannot exceed 100% of Eligible Project costs. The terms and conditions of the Offer and the amounts of the grants offered are subject to change without notice.
- Eligible Participants must be new subscribers to Hydro-Québec's residential dual-energy Rate DT or to a participating municipal or co-operative dual-energy rate (contact us for details on participating municipal or co-operative networks) in order to receive the grant. They must also commit to using the dual-energy natural gas-electricity system at the dual-energy rate for a minimum period of ten (10) years from the date of enrollment in the dual-energy rate.
- Existing Eligible Homes must be connected to Énergir's natural gas network and use natural gas or renewable natural gas (or a combination of both) for space heating, either with a warm air (forced air) or hot water central heating system, for at least 12 months at the time of the application to participate in the Offer.
- The work must be carried out by one or more contractors with a business registered with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec; they must hold the appropriate Régie du bâtiment (RBQ) licenses for the work to be performed and be members of the professional order responsible for the affected activity sector.
- Eligible Participants may be required to repay all or part of the Offer grants if the conditions and covenants agreed to by the Eligible Participants are not fulfilled to the end of their term or if the information provided by the participants is false or considered a misrepresentation.