A safe and reliable network
Énergir's distribution network is among the most modern in North America and is maintained by a team of experts who monitor the system 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Moreover, the design and construction of Énergir’s network meet the most stringent standards of the Canadian gas industry.
There are over a hundred control points across the whole system that take real-time readings of temperature, pressure and load. This important information enables us to manage the system meticulously and ensure its effective and safe operation.
Monitoring and preventive maintenance
Our monitoring and preventive maintenance programs ensure the integrity of our network. Did you know that Énergir:
- Patrols its entire 10,000-km network every two years?
- Patrols its 870-km transmission network each year?
- Checks its 153,000 building connections every six years?
- Inspects the connections to 2,600 priority buildings every year?
- Takes 400 selective odorant readings every month?
- Responds to more than 100,000 requests for localization of natural gas pipes every year?