Energy efficiency: a practical way to reduce your energy consumption
In a nutshell, energy efficiency is about using energy better and therefore less of it. There are numerous ways to do that:
- Use energy-efficient equipment that does the same job as its conventional equivalent but with less energy
- Improve the building’s thermal envelope
- Optimize energy use, for example by recovering and converting lost heat
- Improve building mechanical systems and control sequences
- Use solar energy to preheat air or water
By reducing your energy consumption, you cut operational costs and shrink your carbon footprint. It's good for your business, your image, and the real world.