Smart thermostat grant
Designed to optimize your comfort and peace of mind, smart thermostats are an effective way of managing your energy use. The new thermostat is connected to a Wi-Fi network, letting you control your heating and air conditioning system remotely via the Internet or a mobile app.
Benefits of smart thermostat
A household's average power consumption will vary based on different factors that include weather conditions, the dwelling's age and size, its number of occupants and the price of fuel. In Quebec, heating alone accounts for 64% of a household's total energy costs. 1 Once properly programmed, your smart thermostat will help you reduce your energy consumption. Easy to use, smart thermostats adapt to your lifestyle, affording comfort, flexibility and savings.
Up to $100
Énergir will pay you an incentive of up to $100 when you buy and install a smart thermostat and participate in the program (the grant may not exceed 75% of the cost of the device)².
Eligibility criteria (limit of one thermostat per customer)
- You are currently or soon will be an Énergir customer.
- You live in a residential building (single-family home, duplex, triplex or condo) where the main heating is by natural gas.
- You buy and install, yourself or find an Énergir Certified Natural Gas Partner to do it, a smart thermostat that is on the list of ENERGY STAR™ eligible models recognized by Énergir.
- The thermostat must be connected to a central heating system powered by natural gas.
- The thermostat must be connected to a local Wi-Fi network to allow remote control of the heating and air conditioning equipment.
- You must submit your grant application within 30 days of the purchase date appearing on the receipt for your smart thermostat.
Fill out the grant request application form available on the Customer Space
- Before buying a smart thermostat, make sure it is compatible with your heating/air conditioning system.
- For your safety and in accordance with the warranty, the thermostat must be installed according to the manufacturer's specifications
- You have 30 days after the purchase date appearing on your receipt to apply for the grant.
Looking for a grant?
An Énergir expert will guide you through the simple process and help find the grants for which you are eligible.
1 This program is designed for occupants of residential buildings that have a natural gas central heating system or who wish to connect their homes to the natural gas network. Other conditions may apply. Program conditions and grant amounts may also be subject to change without prior notice. In all cases, the grant will be paid to the holder of Énergir account number.
² 2013 data on secondary energy consumption by end-use in Quebec, Natural Resources Canada.