Variable speed hood
Thanks to its control system, a variable-speed hood vents only the air volume required to remove kitchen fumes and grease. Énergir offers a grant for the installation of this system in existing buildings.
Benefits of the variable-speed hood
Reduce your energy consumption
Variable-speed fans - which can be adjusted based on the type of cooking happening beneath them - optimize air exhaust, reducing your energy bill. With the variable flow hood, you could reduce your energy consumption by 35% to 40%.*
Receive a grant
Receive a fixed amount of $3,350 in addition to the variable amount of $0.45 per CFM (cubic feet per minute) of the exhaust system.
This program is designed for restaurants or cafeterias owners or managers, customers or new customers of Énergir whose kitchen has:
- an air system to keep the pressure balance in the building;
- a supply system of fresh air which is generated by a natural gas roof unit or by a natural gas make-up air unit.
Note : New constructions are not eligible for this program from January 1, 2022***.
How to get the grant?
Follow the steps below
- Consult the eligible equipment list and contact one of the authorized manufacturers. Eligible equipment list
- Prior to installation, inform Énergir of your intention to take part in this program by completing the “Declaration of Intent” Form.
- Once the units have been installed, forward forms II and III, “Request for Payment of Financial Assistance ” and “Information on the Hood and Exhaust System".
Do you want to get more information about the grant?
Our team of experts will inform you.
*Savings may vary.
** The payment of financial assistance may not be interpreted as a guarantee to the customer as to the quality of the variable speed hood or control system or their installation, nor of any other acquiescence as to their compliance, performance or safety: that responsibility is incumbent on the manufacturer, the seller and the installer of the products. The financial assistance may not exceed 50% of the actual purchase and installation costs of the variable speed hood or the control system. Financial assistance may be adjusted downward if necessary. Process applications are not eligible for this program.
***Excepting new buildings not covered by Division B, part 8, of the National Energy Code for Buildings – Canada 2015 – integrating amendments from Qubec (NECB 2015-Qc) Exceptional cases must be submitted in advance to Énergir for approval.