1. Certain conditions apply. Grant amounts vary depending on the power of the appliances installed and the work done to install them.
Grant amounts cannot exceed 80% of the equipment purchase and installation premium cost.⁴
Costs for electrical work may be added to the cost of purchasing and installing the equipment.
To take advantage of the grants, you must sign a contract with your Énergir sales representative or certified natural gas partner prior to installation.
The grant amounts and program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
2. By switching to dual energy, business customers benefit from the dual-energy rate of their electricity provider. The costs and potential savings were calculated based on Hydro-Québec’s small- and medium-power dual-energy rate.
The dual-energy rate is in effect during the heating season, from October 1 to April 30. Outside of this period, from May 1 to September 30, electricity prices for dual energy are the same as the base rates (G, M, or G9).
3. To take advantage of the dual-energy offer, business customers must meet the eligibility criteria below.
- The customer must have received approval of the electricity distributor, or municipal or cooperative customer network, if applicable, that it will install the electrical connection required for dual-energy conversion.
- Be an Énergir customer in the business, institutional or multi-unit property sector (buildings with 20 or more dwellings).
- Own the building they plan to convert to dual energy. The building must be connected to Énergir’s natural gas network and must use natural gas or renewable natural gas (or a combination of both) for space heating, either with a warm air (forced air) or hot water central heating system, for at least 12 months at the time of the grant application. New commercial or institutional construction may be eligible for the dual-energy offer, under certain conditions. Talk about it with an Énergir representative.
- Be registered for Hydro-Québec’s small- and medium-power dual-energy rate, or for a participating municipal or cooperative network’s dual-energy rate (contact us for information on participating municipal or cooperative networks). Eligibility requirements and details of the dual-energy rate must be discussed with your electricity provider.
- Commit to using the dual-energy natural gas and electricity system, at the dual-energy rate, for at least 10 years from the date of dual-energy rate registration.
- The work must:
o Involve the installation of one or more dual-energy heating systems, and the equipment installed must be new equipment used in dual-energy mode;
o Allow electricity to be used as the primary energy source and natural gas as an auxiliary source in a dual-energy system;
o Be carried out by one or more contractors with a registered Registraire des entreprises du Québec business; they must hold the appropriate Régie du bâtiment (RBQ) licences for the work and be members of the professional order responsible for the business sector in question.
- To be eligible for the grant, eligible participants must:
o submit their grant application (BI dual-energy contract) no more than 30 calendar days from the invoice date for installation of equipment in dual-energy mode, or no more than 30 calendar days from the purchase order date for equipment in dual-energy mode for the custom dual-energy offer;
o comply with the Government of Québec’s ÉcoPerformance program requirements.
Requests for work completed before November 6, 2023, are not eligible.
Grant recipients may be required to repay all or part of the grants received if the accepted terms and conditions are not followed through to completion, or if the information provided is considered false or a misrepresentation.
4. The premium cost for a project is the difference between the estimated cost of a project (the cost of purchasing and installing a dual-energy system) and the estimated baseline cost (the cost of purchasing and installing a natural gas appliance).