Grants for a boiler
Multiply your savings! Take advantage of Énergir’s grants for natural gas boilers – the most effective hot-water heating solution. With its precision, reliability, speed and energy performance, the natural gas hot water boiler helps you improve your building’s performance while reducing your energy bill.
Note that regardless of the appliance chosen, the grant offered depends on your consumption volume. To find out more about the costs and procedure to follow to switch to natural gas, see the steps for connecting your home.
Grant for high efficiency equipment
Get a grant by choosing a hot water condensing boiler
Ideal for LEED projects, condensing boilers reuse part of the available latent heat energy, which makes them highly energy efficient. As part of its Energy Efficiency Program, Énergir offers a grant ranging from $900 to $25,000 to encourage its customers to be more energy wise. The total value of the grant is based on the selected unit’s capacity and is subject to certain conditions.*
- Eligible equipment list (with a capacity of less than 300,000 Btu/hr) (PDF)
- Eligible equipment list (with a capacity greater than 300,000 Btu/hr) (PDF)
Take advantage of it now!
The grant for a high efficiency condensing boiler with a capacity of less than 300,000 BTU/hr will end on September 30, 2023.
IMPORTANT: To benefit from the high efficiency due to condensation, the boiler must be installed on a heating system that provides a return water temperature to the boiler of 55 °C (131 °F) or less. The indoor/outdoor control of temperature via an external sensor also optimizes the operation of the boiler for space heating applications.
You want to get this grant? Contact Us
Grant for Mid-efficiency equipment
Get a grant by choosing a mid-efficiency hot water boiler
Mid-efficiency boilers are designed to allow for optimal heat exchange between combustion gases and the water or steam to be heated. Choose this unit and take advantage of a Énergir grant ranging from $750 to $10,000 offered as part of its Energy Efficiency Program. The total value of the grant is based on the selected unit’s capacity and is subject to certain conditions.*
You want to get this grant? Contact Us
Looking for a grant?
An Énergir expert will guide you through the simple process and help find the grants for which you are eligible
* IMPORTANT In order to qualify for this grant, you must contractually commit with Énergir or a Énergir Authorized Partner prior to your appliances’ installation. The total grant amount must not exceed admissible amounts. Some restrictions apply. Some restrictions apply. The conditions of the program and the amount of the grants are subject to change without notice.
1. The rebates are applicable to businesses located on the Énergir gas network and equipped with central heating appliances, provided that they do not have a heat pump or dual-energy heating system. The amount of financial assistance is based on expected natural gas consumption, the type of appliance to be installed and the total amount of the investment. The 15% total corresponds to a potential customer who installs a natural gas warm-air furnace with a capacity of 10,000 m3. The rebates are subject to credit approval and eligibility for the natural gas Consumption Rebate Program and the Energy Efficiency Program.. The terms and conditions of the program and the amounts of financial assistance are subject to change without notice. A five-year natural gas supply contract is required. Other conditions may apply. The financial assistance will only be paid once the natural gas appliance(s) is(are) installed. The eligibility criteria are listed in the Consumption Rebate Program guide approved by the Régie de l’énergie, a copy of which may be obtained on request.
2. The rebates are applicable to businesses located on the Énergir gas network and equipped with oil-fired central heating appliances, provided that they do not have a heat pump or dual-energy heating system and that the expected new natural gas appliance consumption is at least of 3,600m3 of natural gas. Other conditions may apply. The terms and conditions of the program and the amounts of financial assistance are subject to change without notice. To benefit from this grant, you must sign a contract with Énergir or an Énergir Natural Gas Certified Partner first.
1-2: The cost to switch to natural gas includes a basic connection charge of $300. An additional cost may apply if an extension to the natural