News: Studies and implementation
1. Expansion of heat recovery measures accepted under the program
The conditions for the Studies and Implementation components have been modified to allow for projects targeting the recovery of heat from sources other than natural gas. More projects are eligible and you'll get more financial assistance to carry out your plans!
Examples of eligible measures include:
- Heat recovery from server rooms;
- Electric furnace exhaust recovery to preheat ventilation air with natural gas;
- Energy recovery from air compressors for heating/ventilating buildings;
- Thermal energy recovery from industrial chillers;
- Use of a heat pump for recovering thermal energy discharged for heating, ventilating or producing process hot water.
Read the Participant's Guide
2. Enhancement to available grants
The Régie de l'énergie has approved a major improvement to the grants offered under our Studies and Implementation components. These adjustments are designed to better calibrate our grants, resulting in optimized coverage of your energy efficiency project cost overruns.
The unit grant will now be $0.30/m³ saved for measures with a payback period of 1 to 3 years, and $1/m³ for measures with a payback period of 3 to 20 years . The cap is now $1,000,000 instead of $175,000. Measures with a payback period exceeding 20 years are no longer eligible.
The unit grant will be harmonized with that of the Business and Major Industries, Industrial components, ie, $1/m³ saved for measures with a payback period of 3 years or more. Measures with payback periods under 3 years are still not eligible, and measures with a payback period exceeding 20 years are no longer eligible. The ceiling is standardized with that of the industrial component at $1 million.
To review the webinar on heat recovery
Read the other subjects from this bulletin
Natural gas price outlook
Update on the renewable natural gas (RNG) file
News - Cap and Trade System
Launch of the new Customer Space